The Jeppiaar Engineering College is a registered non-minority service organization established in the year 2001 by our honorable Chairman, esteemed Col. Dr. Jeppiaar M.A., B.L., Ph.D to to prepare future graduates with the knowledge and skills essential to work and outclass in the aggressive global environment.
The Computer Science Department of Jeppiaar Engineering College imparts quality education. It open the doors to meet industrial and eminent academicians. The students can organize students club and Networking organizations. The students gain opportunities to get good valuable industrial experiences. They gain chances for doing their higher studies in abroad. They find Job openings in placement career centre in the college and get opportunities to get placed in top MNC companies.It works towards the goal of words of the Chairman which is “Entry is not important, Exit is important”.
Programmes offered by the Department are:
- B.E. COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING[4 – YEARS]
- B.TECH. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND DATA SCIENCE[4 – YEARS]
- M.E. COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING[2 -YEARS]
- PH.D COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Vision of the Department
To emerge as a globally prominent department, developing ethical computer professionals, innovators and entrepreneurs with academic excellence through quality education and research.
Mission of the Department:
|M1||To create computer professionals with an ability to identify and formulate the engineering problems and also to provide innovative solutions through effective teaching learning process.|
|M2||To strengthen the core-competence in computer science and engineering and to create an ability to interact effectively with industries.|
|M3||To produce engineers with good professional skills, ethical values and life skills for the betterment of the society.|
|M4||To encourage students towards continuous and higher level learning on technological advancements and provide a platform for employment and self-employment.|
Program Outcomes (POs):
|PO1||Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of computer science engineering problems.|
|PO2||Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.|
|PO3||Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.|
|PO4||Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.|
|PO5||Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.|
|PO6||The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.|
|PO7||Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.|
|PO8||Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.|
|PO9||Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.|
|PO10||Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.|
|PO11||Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.|
|PO12||Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.|
List of PSO:
|PSO1||An ability to understand the core concepts of computer science and engineering and to enrich problem solving skills to analyze, design and implement software and hardware based systems of varying complexity.|
|PSO2||To interpret real-time problems with analytical skills and to arrive at cost effective and optimal solution using advanced tools and techniques.|
|PSO3||An understanding of social awareness and professional ethics with practical proficiency in the broad area of programming concepts by lifelong learning to inculcate employment and entrepreneurship skills.|
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
|PEO1||To address the real time complex engineering problems using innovative approach with strong core computing skills.|
|PEO2||To apply core-analytical knowledge and appropriate techniques and provide solutions to real time challenges of national and global society|
|PEO3||Apply ethical knowledge for professional excellence and leadership for the betterment of the society.|
|PEO4||Develop life-long learning skills needed for better employment and entrepreneurship|
- COMPUTER PRACTICE LABORATORY I & II
- DATA STRUCTURES LAB
- OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING LAB
- OPERATING SYSTEM LAB
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM LAB
- JAVA LAB
- SYSTEM SOFTWARE LAB
- NETWORKS LAB
- OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS & DESIGN LAB
- OPEN SOURCE LAB
- INTERNET PROGRAMMING LAB
- COMPUTER GRAPHICS LAB
- WEB TECHNOLOGY LAB
Professor & Head
Dr.P. JESU JAYARIN., M.E.,Ph.D
Mr.S.INSOL RAJASEKAR., M.E.
|NAME||EVENT NAME||CATEGORY||DATE||VENUE||PRIZE / AWARDS|
|KALAISELVAN||QUEST QUENCH||Symposium||26th JULY 2017||SRI SAI RAM INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||III PRIZE|
|SIVASANKARI||BUILDING SKILLS FOR ALEXA||WORKSHOP||16th & 17th 2018||Anna university||Participated|
|N.THENMOZHI||IMAGE PROCESSING USING MATLAB||TWO DAYS WORKSHOP||11th & 12th JULY 2017||Jeppiaar engineering college||Participated|
|K.sheljo Devossy||Ethical Hacking||Seminar||22nd JULY 2017||AGNI COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY||Participated|
|Sanjith Raman||Android||Workshop||4th August 2017||Code Blind Technologies||Participated|
|Vignesh Kumar||Android Application Development||Workshop||5th August 2017||Surya Informatics Solutions Pvt.Ltd||Participated|
|N.Naveen raj||Paper Presentation||Symposium||16th August 2017||SRI SAI RAM ENGINEERING COLLEGE||Participated|
|Thenmozhi||Hands on IOT using Arduino||Workshop||28th,29th,30th August 2017||Jeppiaar engineering college||Participated|
|Hariharan||Paper Presentation||Symposium||31th August 2017||Meenakshi Sundarajan Enginnering college||Participated|
|Maya Surya||Young Professionals skill development and career guidance||Workshop||7th October 2017||IEEE YO –MADRAS SECTION||Participated|
- Kalaiselvan .S of 2016-20 batch of Jeppiaar engineering college has been awarded II prize in Quest Quench organized by the Department of Information Technology held on 26th july 2017,Sri Sai Ram institute of Technology
- Mayasurya of 2014-18 Batch participated as a delegate of Madras Section at the IEEE All India Student YP WIE congress hosted by IIIT Allahabad from 27th to 29th September 2017
|AUTHOR NAME||PAPER TITLE||CONFERENCE / JOURNAL||DATE (FROM –TO)||VENUE|
|Ms.VETRI RAGA AISHWARYA.P||ASSESSMENT OF EVAPOTRANSPIRATION FOR HORICULTURAL HARVEST||CONFERENCE|
|9th & 10th MARCH 2018||PANIMALAR INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY|
|Mr.MUKUL ANAND||EFFICIENCY BASED COMPARISION OF FCFS AND SRPT SCHEDULING|
|23rd & 24th MARCH 2018||JEPPIAAR ENGINEERINGCOLLEGE|
|Mr.SARAVANAN K||A FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE IN TAMIL: |
THE USE OF NATIVE LANGUAGE FOR PROGRAMMING
|23rd & 24th MARCH 2018||JEPPIAAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE|
|Ms.R.DHARANI||A SURVEY OF FACE RECOGNITION TECHNIQUES||CONFERENCE|
|23rd & 24th MARCH 2018||JEPPIAAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE|
|Ms.M.R.ARCHANA||STUDENT MONITORING AND COLLABORATIVE LEARNING||CONFERENCE|
|23rd & 24th MARCH 2018||JEPPIAAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE|
- Three days workshop on “Data communication and Data analytics using R “is conducted for IInd year students by Kabilan K., M.Tech., M.B.A., (Ph.D), SSN College of Engineering from 29.1.18 to 31.1.18.
- Lecture on “Current Trends in IT” was delivered by Sanchit, product manager TringsApp on 30.6.17 for final year students
- Three days workshop on Internet of Things is organized for II year students. Sessions are handled by V.Vanitha Professor and Head of Dept. from Kumaraguru College of Technology.
- One day workshop on Big Data Data Analytic is organized on 09.17 by NSIC.
- Three days workshop on “ Big Data and Data Analytics “is conducted for IInd year and IIIrd year students by Mohamed Irfan, Inceptez Technologies from 20.12.17 to 22.12.17.
- Key Note Speaker By T. R. Vasudeva Rao, Chairman , CSI Chennai Chapter .Hr Talk By Ms .Angeline Premkumar,Talent Acquisition, Infosys, Followed By Other Events Such As Paper Presentation, Quiz, Disrupt, Google It Web Designing, Coding Competition and Poster Designing.
- Department of CSE has produced two Anna University Gold Medalist, Jayapriya (2010 – 14 and Janani (2002 – 2006) and one Silver Medalist, Dharshini P (2014-16,M.E-CSE)
- Dr. J. Arokia Renjit obtained a grant of Rs. 8.81 Lakhs from DST SERB (Central Government Fund) to carry out research in emerging areas of Science and Technology.
- Dr. J. Arokia Renjith, Dr.Jyothi V.L and Dr.Jesu Jayarin obtained a grant of Rs 5000, RS. 9000 and Rs 8500 respectively from Tamil Nadu Council for science and technology (State Government Fund) with a view to aid development of sciencific Research in the state.
- Innovative project ideas of Shem Jebastin and Naveen Raj of IV years have been accepted for funding for 8500/- by Tamilnadu State Government in Student Project Scheme.
- Innovative project ideas of Ms. Shalini of M.E got selected for funding for 5000/- by Tamilnadu State Government in Student Project Scheme.
- Mr. Subash Chandar has successfully completed Wipro TalentNext training and got certified as Wipro Certified Faculty.
- Mr. Jayasakthi Velmurugan has successfully completed Infosys Campus Connect Training Programme.
- Joseph Hossana Issac was admitted for direct Ph.D after B.E. in IIT, Chennai.
- Kalapriya was nominated for Republic day camp – Delhi for 26th Jan 2016.
- Ravi kumar was selected as Vice Captain to represent Tamil Nadu during Republic Day Camp Jan 2016.
- Naveen Raj won First place in Best physique category +90Kg in TIES 2015 Tournament, Feb 2015.
- Tamilnadu State level CSI convention was conducted by CSE with a grant of 25,000/- by CSI.
- Regional level student convention was conducted by CSE with a grant of 35,000/- by CSI.
- Our department has been recognized as Center For Research by Anna University for doing Ph.D research and currently around 18 researchers working in various Anna University Affiliated colleges are actively pursuing research in CSE department.
- At present, there are 5 doctorates and 55% of the staff are pursuing their Ph.D, among which 83% of the staff has confirmed their provisional registration.
- No of Rank Holders in 2012-2016 Batch UG -7 PG -5
- No of Rank Holders in 2013-2017 Batch UG -4 PG -3
PG (ME CSE):
|1||ASHOK SENTHIL KUMAR S||35||8.56|
|3||NANDHA DEVI D||47||8.61|
|4||THANGA JENIFER K||49||8.59|
Technical, society activities
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
- IEEE CS
|05 -07-2017||INDUCTION PGM||Induction program conducted for CSE Students||Association with CSI|
|21-07-2017||HOW TO CRACK INTERVIEW||Mr.N.V.S.Murthy ,NACRE software solutions , Conducted for IV Year Students||Association with CSI|
|01-08-2017||SEMINAR ON WEB SERVICES||Conducted by Mrs.Madhumathi AP/CSE||Association with CSI|
|WORKSHOP ON IOT||Conducted by Ms X. Francis Jency and Mrs D. Ashwini||Association with CSI|
|11/8/2017||WORKSHOP ON ANDROID WEB||Conducted by Mr.Jegan DOTLESS Technologies||Association with CSI|
|14/10/2017||SEMINAR ON CURRENT TRENDS IN ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY||Conducted by Prof. Lalit M Patnaik INSA SENIOR SCIENTIST,IISC,Bangalore||Association with CSI|
|23&24/01/2018||CSI REGIONAL LEVEL STUDENT CONVENTION||MR. T. R. Vasudeva Rao Chairman , CSI CHENNAI CHAPTER, MS .Angeline Premkumar, TALENT ACQUISITION, INFOSYS||Association with CSI|
|29/01/2018||Guest Lecture on THINK AND GROW||Conducted by MR. S.G.P. RAJ – DIRECTOR - IDEAVIRUS||Association with CSI|
|5/3/2018||Seminar on NIIT- DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION||Conducted by J.Amirtha Jothi Lakshmi ,NIIT,TECH MENTOR||Association with CSI|
|14/3/2018||NATIONAL LEVEL PROJECT EXPO -2K18 K||Kamaraj ,SR. project manager,FSS Prakash Venkata Subramanya Attili ,PRINCIPAL Education training Assessment,INFOSYS||Association with CSI|
|25/03/2018||7TH CSI INAPP NATIONAL STUDENT PROJECT COMPETITION||Conducted by IN APP SOFTWARE||Association with CSI|
Dr. J.AROKIA RENJIT., M.E.,Ph.D
Professor & Head
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE,
JEPPIAAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE,
JEPPIAAR NAGAR, RAJIV GANDHI SALAI, CHENNAI-119.
044 2450 2818