Computer Society of India is the first and largest body of computer professionals in India. It was started on 6 March 1965 by a few computer professionals and has now grown to be the national body representing computer professionals Through the initiatives of Professor Rangaswamy Narasimhan, the first President, CSI has been in close liaison with International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) since its inception in 1965, when observers from India attended the IFIP Council meeting.
About CSI- JEC
CSI is one of the most famous society associated with the computer professionals .It was being introduced in the Jeppiaar Engineering College on 5th December 2006 with the Institutional membership with 57 student members .However due to various advancement today it has grown upto 400 members.As active participants of this society we conduct monthly students meet where we discuss about the various advancement in computer technology.
- Only Member in IFIP from India (International Federation for Information Processing)
- Leading Member of SEARCC (South East Asia Regional Computer Confederation)
- Partner of IEEE Computer Society (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Institution)
- MOU with Springer for publication of Proceedings of Conferences organized by CSI CSI Transactions on ICT
- Have MOUs with PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Have MOUs with MYANMAR (Computer Professional Association)
The Computer Society of India is a non-profit professional society and meet to exchange views and information learn and share ideas. The wide spectrum of members is committed to the advancement of theory and practice of Computer Engineering and Technology Systems, Science and Engineering, Information Processing and related Arts and Sciences.
- Facilitate Research, Knowledge Sharing, Learning and Career Enhancement among all categories of IT professionals.
- Inspire, nurture and assist students to integrate into the IT community.
- Percolate benefits of IT advancement to all sections of Indian Society.
CSI Adhyayan – Quarterly digital magazine only for Students
CSI Digital Library – Storehouse of papers presented in CSI technical events
CSI Communications – Monthly mouthpiece of CSI with papers on technological advancements
CSI Journal of Computing – Quarterly publication of research papers
CSI- Springer Transactions on ICT – Quarterly Edition
|SNO||DATE||EVENT NAME||RESOURCE PERSON/ORGANISED BY|
|2||19.7.2013||ONE DAY SOFT SKILL PROGRAM||MR.MEIAYYAPPAN|
|3||8.8.2013||COMPUTERESE -SCHOOL PROGRAM||CSI STUDENTS-GOVT SCHOOL|
Mr.V. KISHORE & Mr.L.BRITTO ANTHONY of III year Computer Science & Engineering B SECTION who presented paper titled Prioritized Traffic Management and Transport Security using RFID in 48thAnnual Convention of CSI
Project Expo 2014 sponsored by CSI