Assessment Year 2016 – 2017
Assessment Year 2015 – 2016
Assessment Year 2017-2018
The Department of Computer Science And Engineering established in the year of 2001 has a long record of academic excellence. The Department has been recognized as Research centre by Anna University in 2015.
CENTER FOR RESEARCH
The Department is equipped with all requisite structure like D-Link certified Network lab with an excellent Internet facility of 45 MBPS Optical Fiber connectivity and state-of-art computing facilities and with “Microsoft Campus Agreement” which provides genuine Microsoft products to the students. The laboratory has licensed original softwares (Microsoft Campus Agreement ,IBM Rational Rose, Macromedia,Network simulation Software, Adobe Suite, Tomcat, Oracle 11G) and the department library has more than 15,000 volumes of books and about 300 study material CD’s.
The Department has highly qualified and adequate staff with an average experience of 8 years. Staff also counsel and motivate the students to bring out their best performance. The department has produced a large number of Anna University Rank Holders. During the academic year 2014-2015 ,the Department obtained 12 university ranks including a GOLD MEDAL. We encourage the students to join various technical societies like IEEE and CSI to develop their technical expertise. CSI sponsored Regional level student convention is also encouraged in our college premises. Additionally, Google student developer club interaction takes place with our students to get exposed to the recent developments in the industries. Our placement record boasts of leading MNCs like WIPRO, INFOSYS, CTS etc.
The Department has signed many MOU with top IT industries like WIPRO, INFOSYS…, for the benefit of the students and staff. Guest Lecturers, Inplant Training, Industrial visits, Conferences and Symposiums make students well prepared to face the industry.
The CSE department is dedicated to continually improve the education to develop professionals with worldwide perspective.
- To create computer professionals, capable of doing research, build innovative ideas and creative solutions for betterment of industries.
- To stimulate and build academic team to cater the ever increasing demand of student community, train them to take uphill challenges through interactions with globally renowned organizations.
- To attain ethical and value-added personality that would revamp student’s life to participate in technology transfer.
- To ignite registrants towards the aptitude of learning every dynamic progress through higher level studies, provide a platform for employment and self-employment to succeed and support the nation.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
1. Develop Computer Engineers to understand collaborative projects by strengthening problem solving skills, Core computing skills, which offer opportunities for long term interaction with academic and industry.
2. Establish design, research, product execution and services in the field of Computer Science and Engineering through strong technical, communication and entrepreneurial skills
3. Support Society by engaging to scrutinize issues of national relevance as well as of global concern.
4. Contribute to life-long learning through the successful completion of advanced degrees, continuing education, certifications and/or other professional developments.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
PSO1 – An ability to understand the basic concepts in computer science and engineering and to apply them in various areas like Fundamentals of programming, Data structures, computer architecture, Theory of computing, Database management system, computer networks, operating system, ,Software engineering etc in the design and implementation of complex system.
PSO2 – Ability to execute computer science and engineering problem using modern hardware and software tools along with analytical skills to arrive cost effective and appropriate solution.
PSO3 – An understanding social awareness and environmental wisdom along with ethical responsibility to have a successful carrier to sustain passion as an entrepreneur. Familiarity and practical proficiency with a broad area of programming concepts and provide new ideas and innovations towards research.
- COMPUTER PRACTICE LABORATORY I & II
- DATA STRUCTURES LAB
- OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING LAB
- OPERATING SYSTEM LAB
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM LAB
- JAVA LAB
- SYSTEM SOFTWARE LAB
- NETWORKS LAB
- OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS & DESIGN LAB
- OPEN SOURCE LAB
- INTERNET PROGRAMMING LAB
- COMPUTER GRAPHICS LAB
- WEB TECHNOLOGY LAB
|1||EBENEZER RAJADURAI T||9.10||8|
- Innovative project ideas of Shem Jebastin and Naveen Raj of IV years have been accepted for funding for 8500/- by Tamilnadu State Government in Student Project Scheme.
- Innovative project ideas of Ms. Shalini of M.E got selected for funding for 5000/- by Tamilnadu State Government in Student Project Scheme.
- Joseph Hossana Issac was admitted for direct Ph.D after B.E. in IIT Chennai
- Kalapriya was nominated for Republic day camp – Delhi for 26th Jan 2016.
- Ravi kumar was selected as Vice Captain to represent Tamil Nadu during Republic Day Camp Jan 2016.
- Naveen Raj won First place in Best physique category +90Kg in TIES 2015 Tournament, Feb 2015.
- Tamilnadu State level CSI convention was conducted by CSE with a grant of 25,000/- by CSI
- Our department has been recognized as Center For Research by Anna University for doing Ph.D research and currently around 18 researchers working in various Anna University Affiliated colleges are actively pursuing research in CSE department.
- At present, there are 5 doctorates and 55% of the staff are pursuing their Ph.D, among which 83% of the staff has confirmed their provisional registration.
- Arokia Renjith obtained a grant of Rs 8.81 Lakhs from DST SERB (Central Government Fund) to carry out research in emerging areas of Science and Technology.
- Arokia Renjith , Dr.Jyothi V.L and Dr.Jesu Jayarin obtained a grant of Rs 5000, RS. 9000 and Rs 8500 respectively from Tamil Nadu Council for science and technology (State Government Fund) with a view to aid development of sciencific Research in the state.
- No of Rank Holders in 2012-2016 Batch UG -7 PG -5
PLACED STUDENTS – 29
PLACED STUDENTS – 40
CodeSpeaks Prize Distribution & HR Talk Guest Lecture Report
A guest lecture on “‘Java Servlets” was conducted on 17.8.2016 by Mr.AUSTIN ANTONY, SENIOR TECHNICAL ANALYST, CNSI, CHENNAI for third year students.
Two days wokshop on “IMAGE PROCESSING “ was conducted on 11th and 12th July 2017 for third year students.
|SNO||DATE||EVENT NAME||RESOURCE PERSON/ORGANISED BY|
|2||19.7.2013||ONE DAY SOFT SKILL PROGRAM||MR.MEIAYYAPPAN|
|3||8.8.2013||COMPUTERESE -SCHOOL PROGRAM||CSI STUDENTS-GOVT SCHOOL|
|4||13 & 14.8.2013||WORKSHOP ON PYTHON||FREE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION|
|5||23 & 24-8-2013||NATIONAL WORKSHOP ON DEMYSTIFYING CLOUD & BIG DATA COMPUTING||MR.RAVI KUMAR-INFOSYS|
|6||28/01/2014||Motivation For Paper Presentation||Mr.V.Anbarasu|
|7||6/2/2014||Paper Presentation Competition||CSI STUDENTS|
|8||27/2/2014||scrum software engg||Mr. Diwakaran|
|9||18/03/2014||National Level Project Expo||Mr. Shanker Ramasamy,Dr.Sricharan(Wipro), Mr.Santhosh(Infosys)|
|10||06.08.2014||Seminar and Induction program||Mr.Y.Kathiresan -Senior Manager CSI|
|11||19-08-2014 & 20-08-2014||Placement Oriented Data Structures||Dr.P.Manikandan, Program Manager, IBM|
|12||22-8-2014||WIZDOM-knowledge sharing session||CSI members of IT and CSE|
|13||2/9/2014||CLOUD COMPUTING Workshop||Mr. Mohammed Illiyas, Mr. Seyyad -HCL Technologies|
|14||4/9/2014||ANDROID Workshop||Pantech Solutions|
|15||18-09-2014||CLOUD COMPUTING WorkshopSOCIAL MEDIA & WEB ANALYTICS- SEMINAR Workshop||Mr.Abdul Malik ,a Digital Marketing consultant, CTS|
|16||25-09-2014 & 26 -09- 2014||National Level Workshop on NS2 SIMULATIONS ON MANET ,VANET& SENSOR NETWORKS||Mr.PradeepKumar -VIT|
|17||22-09-2015||Oracle Database administrator application development||WIPRO Technologies|
|18||05-11-2015 & 06-11-2015||National Level Workshop on Mobile application development||Target Soft Systems|
|19||16-11-2015||Faculty Development Programme on Compiler Design Lab||Anna University|
|20||18-11-2015 to 24-11-2015||Faculty Development Programme on Principles Of Compiler Design||Anna University|