Since its inception in 2008, the Department of Aeronautical Engineering has over the years adapted and improved with the fast pace of technology. A sincere and hardworking student body with the wholehearted support of dedicated faculty have contributed in to the professional success enjoyed by the student’s who graduated from this department.
The department has been continually changing and evolving to meet the needs of modern industry and to train its students to pursue their goals with concentrated determination that has led former students to the greatest heights in their endeavor no matter what responsibility they chose to assume.With rapid changes in the professional world, the department has also focused on the demands of the information age and has established new courses and laboratory facilities with the aim of supplying their students with every tool they need to succeed in the fast changing landscape of the modern professional arena. Thus, the department ensures the students the versatility to adapt to the dynamic and fast moving world and its many industries.
The Department has achieved 47 University Ranks including 2 Gold Medals and 3 Silver Medals so far in this academic expedition. Students are motivated to have Membership in various professional bodies like AESI, SAE and IAAA to enhance their Professional activities. Our Department library is furnished with 3500 volume of books and it provides access to 256 online ASME journals and volume of IEEE journals. It also comprises with subject oriented CDas a part of Computer based tutorials for the enrichment of the student’s knowledge. The Professional software Training in CAD, AutoCAD, CATIA, ANSYS, NASTRAN-PATRAN and MATLAB are provided to the students. Students are constantly made acquainted with current technological advancements, Implant Training, Industrial Visits, Technical Seminars and symposia. The students are encouraged and guided to present and publish Innovative Research articles in various Conferences and Journals.
The Department focuses to impart the art of scientific knowledge, intend to innovation, leadership qualities, moral values and entrepreneurial skills to make every student capable of challenging the complex task in the field of modern Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering.
M1: To prepare the students to have a very good fundamental knowledge to meet the present and future needs of industries.
M2: To improve the technical knowledge of the students in tune with the current requirements through collaboration with industries and research organization.
M3: Make the students to gain enough knowledge in various aspects of system integration and take up jobs in aerospace industries worldwidetowards satisfying the requirements of thesociety.
M4: To Take up inter and multidisciplinary research, sponsored and consultancy projects with industries and research establishments.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
PEO01:Constructing an effective professionals in the stream of Aeronautical Engineering and cater the need of society.
PEO02: Encourage an attitude of independent learning and communication skills, be able to cope up with latest technologies.
PEO 03:Prepare students to achieve high degree of professional ethics and standards to approach diverse environment.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
PSO 1: Professional Skills: An Aeronautical Engineers capable to exploit the knowledge of Aeronautical Engineering in innovative fashion and challenging environment of design and development of new products.
PSO 2: Problem-solving skills: Theoretical knowledge imparted through simulation language skills and utilization of CAE packages to design and analyses the practical problems of components to compete the challenge of airworthiness for flight vehicles.
- Aerodynamics Laboratory
- Propulsion Laboratory with Jet Facility
- Supersonic Wind Tunnel Laboratory
- Aircraft Structures Laboratory I & II
- CAD/CAM Laboratory
- Aircraft Component Drawing Laboratory
- Aircraft Systems Laboratory with Aircraft Hangar
- Aircraft Design Project Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Laboratory
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory
Academic Year 2012-13
- Mr. G.Prabhakaran – 2
- Mr.ThanikaivelMurugan- 4
- Ms.S.Ilakkiya- 3
- Mr.Thanikaivel Murugan-1
- Ms.S.Ilakkiya- 1
- Mr.HastonAmit Kumar – 1
- Mr. G.Prabhakaran – 1
- Mr.ThanikaivelMurugan- 1
- Ms.S.Ilakkiya- 1
Flyer RS 37
Students of 2008-12 batch (R.Rajeesh, Nlesh .V. Jain, J.Desikanandan, Narendra Kumar and M.Thilak) have fabricated an indigenous aircraft with their own interest and passion towards Aeronautical Engineering for which they earned recognition for the institution all over the city by an Article published in THE HINDU daily news paper dated April 2, 2012 01:48 IST in Chennai city circulation.
- Secured Gold Medal in B.E. Degree Examinations.
- 12 University Ranks including GOLD Medal
- Secured 5 University Ranks in top ten positions
- Projects recognized as papers Published / Presented in National conference, International conference and International Journal.
- Fabricated an indigenous aircraft “Flyer RS 37” a single seater with air-cooling system, a smoke-detector and sensor costing INR6 lakhs
- Designed and fabricated a novel “High speed forward thrust Un-manned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)”
- Fabricated Working Model of Valveless Pulsejet Engine.
- Fabricated “Push Pull Rod System”, for explaining the Aircraft Control Systems
- Achieved “Best Project Award” at National Conference on Recent Trends in Aerospace Engineering, at DhanalakshmiSrinivasan College of Engineering &Technology Chennai
- “Student of the Year Award 2013” for presenting paper in International Conference on Advanced Research in Mechanical Engineering conducted by Inter Science Open Access Journal, at Coimbatore.
- Participated at various events
- National conference: 08
- International Conference: 12
- International Journal: 04
- 80% of Eligible students placed successfully in various firms and few in core (Aerospace domain) in Infosys.
- 2 Students placed in Indian Air Force
- 5 Student placed in various Foreign Airlines
|S.NO||STUDENT NAME||PARENT'S NAME||CGPA||RANK||PHOTO|
|1||Ms.HANNAH LOIS DOROTHY||Mr.V.ANANDAN Mrs.SHIRLEY GRACE||9.34||1|
|2||SOWMYA.R||Mr.S.RAGHU Mrs. GAYATHRI||8.99||4|
|3||MD. ALI KHAN W||Mr.WARIS ALI KHAN Mrs. NASEERUNNISA||8.85||7|
|4||NIKHILA V||Mr.J.VENKATRAMAN Mrs. V. SRIDEVI||8.82||8|
Five days workshop on “HANDS-ON TRAINING ON ADAMS & CATIA SOFTWAREs” ORGANIZED BY DEPARTMENT OF AERONAUTICAL & MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (15TH TO 19TH SEPtember 2014)
Second Jeppiaar Aero awards “AERO CONQUERORS’14” on 08/10/2014!!!
FDP on Computational Fluid Dynamics In Aerospace And Mechanical Engineering on 30-10-2015