Our College Library has been built to International Standards, Spread over an area of 60,000sq.ft. It is centrally air-conditioned. Specialized collectionof books,Journals & Non-book materials are available in Basic Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Biotechnology, Humanities and sciences.The collection is replete with 1,04,397 Volumes of Books, 8,292 Titles & 550 CDs. The college has access to 1,273+ e-resources, ASME Journals,IELonline, Springer Link.
The Library Contributes to the fulfillment of the College's mission by:
- Selecting, acquiring,organizing, maintaining and making accessible a collection of printed and non-printed materials that will support the educational,research and public service programmes of both the students and the faculty.
- Responding to the varying needs of the academic community by involving the faculty , the students and the administration in the development and periodic assessment of the library services and resources.
- Providing an environment conducive to the optimum use of library materials and an appropriate schedule of hours of service and professional assistance.
- Participating in overall computing resources plan and providing for full library utilization of automation technology, physical facilities and equipment adequate to process.
- Digital Library Service
- Reprography Service
- Circulation Service
- Reference Service
- Book Bank Service
Standard textbooks and books by well-known authors are stocked,and every effort is made to obtain all titles recommended by the faculty.
All Students,faculty and Senior Administrative Staff are members of the library.
The Autolib software is used for Library Automation.
All the books are bar-coded in the library and barcode laser scanners are used in the circulation counter for book transaction.
- IBM x225 Server
- 100 core 2 duo Clients
- Network Connections:Internet connection through fiber optic.
- Institutional Membership:British Council Library,Chennai,
Indian Institute of Technology,ChennaiAnna University,Chennai.
Library Working Hours:
- Monday - Friday
- Working Hours 8:00 a.m to 8.00 p.m
- Transactions - 8.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m
- Digital Library - 8.00 a.m to 8.00 p.m