Jeppiaar Engineering College, The department of Computer Science and Engineering came into existence from the very inception of the college at 2001 and has been continuously making progress in teaching and R & D activities. Approved by AICTE and affiliated to Anna University, Accredited by National Board of Accreditation. Initially, the annual intake was 60 and the intake level was enhanced to 120 in the year 2006-2007.
The Department currently has 144 students on each batch with the Post Graduate programme viz. M.E. - Computer Science and Engineering introduced in the year 2012-2013. The Department has at present 27 well-qualified Faculty Members with various specializations relevant for the industry. The Department has been maintaining an active interaction with the industries particularly with the Computer Society of India, IEEE computer society and encourage our students to expose their knowledge in their fields.
The CSE department is dedicated to continually improve the education to develop professionals with worldwide perspective.
• To create computer professionals, capable of doing research, build innovative ideas and creative solutions for betterment of industries.
• To stimulate and build academic team to cater the ever increasing demand of student community, train them to take uphill challenges through interactions with globally renowned organizations.
• To attain ethical and value added personality that would revamp students life to participate in technology transfer.
• To ignite registrants towards the aptitude of learning every dynamic progress through higher level studies, provide a platform for employment and self-employment to succeed and support the nation.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
1. Develop Computer Engineers to understand collaborative projects by strengthening problem solving skills, Core computing skills, which offer opportunities for long term interaction with academic and industry.
2. Establish design, research, product execution and services in the field of Computer Science and Engineering through strong technical, communication and entrepreneurial skills
3. Support Society by engaging to scrutinize issues of national relevance as well as of global concern.
4. Contribute to life-long learning through the successful completion of advanced degrees, continuing education, certifications and/or other professional developments.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
PSO1 – An ability to understand the basic concepts in computer science and engineering and to apply them in various areas like Fundamentals of programming, Data structures ,computer architecture, Theory of computing ,Database management system, computer networks, operating system, ,Software engineering etc in the design and implementation of complex system.
PSO2 - Ability to execute computer science and engineering problem using modern hardware and software tools along with analytical skills to arrive cost effective and appropriate solution.
PSO3 - An understanding social awareness and environmental wisdom along with ethical responsibility to have a successful carrier to sustain passion as an entrepreneur .Familiarity and practical proficiency with a broad area of programming concepts and provide new ideas and innovations towards research.